Unix System Administration Handbook (4th edition) - Unix

This is a discussion on Unix System Administration Handbook (4th edition) - Unix ; Does anyone know if the 4th edition is coming out still? It was supposed to come out in April but now it has disappeared from Amazon's site. I tried emailing Evi Nemeth but she has not responded. I also tried ...

  1. Unix System Administration Handbook (4th edition)

    Does anyone know if the 4th edition is coming out still? It was
    supposed to come out in April but now it has disappeared from Amazon's
    site. I tried emailing Evi Nemeth but she has not responded. I also
    tried emailing sa-book@admin.com but that results in an undeliverable
    email.

    I really hope to see a new edition come out soon since the third
    edition is pretty dated now (published in 2000).

  2. Re: Unix System Administration Handbook (4th edition)

    jsorensen@gmail.com writes:

    > Does anyone know if the 4th edition is coming out still? It was
    > supposed to come out in April but now it has disappeared from Amazon's
    > site.

    Check the publisher's site. If it's not mentioned there either, I'd
    take that as confirmation--along with the Amazon' disappearin' act as
    confirmation that the book contract with the author for the 4th ed...
    fell through.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: Unix System Administration Handbook (4th edition)

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 20:57:33 -0500, Todd H. wrote:

    > Check the publisher's site. If it's not mentioned there either, I'd
    > take that as confirmation--along with the Amazon' disappearin' act as
    > confirmation that the book contract with the author for the 4th ed...
    > fell through.

    Dunno but, I'll buy it sight-unseen based on the last 3 editions, as
    soon as it's available. Best and most-used book on my shelf, that.

+ Reply to Thread