ssh question - Unix

This is a discussion on ssh question - Unix ; Does anyone know how to check the default SSH data receive rate in Unix. thanks...

  1. ssh question

    Does anyone know how to check the default SSH data receive rate in
    Unix.

    thanks

  2. Re: ssh question

    rvaedex23@gmail.com writes:

    > Does anyone know how to check the default SSH data receive rate in
    > Unix.

    No. SSH to my knowledge doesn't throttle anything though, so as big
    a pipe as you've got, it'll use.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: ssh question

    On May 27, 1:24*pm, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    > rvaede...@gmail.com writes:
    > > Does anyone know how to check the default SSH data receive rate in
    > > Unix.

    > No. * SSH to my knowledge doesn't throttle anything though, so as big
    > a pipe as you've got, it'll use.
    >
    > --
    > Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    The reason I asked is because the user is getting a windows size error
    and this is what he sent:

    Can you please verify what the data window size is for the server you
    are connecting to? The error that you are seeing is stating that the
    SSH data transfer rate is larger than the SSH data receive rate on the
    server. Once the remote host is able to verify the SSH data receive
    rate, you should be able to adjust this rate for this connection.

  4. Re: ssh question

    rvaede...@gmail.com wrote:
    > comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    > > rvaede...@gmail.com writes:

    > > > Does anyone know how to check the default SSH data receive rate in
    > > > Unix.

    > > No. * SSH to my knowledge doesn't throttle anything though, so as big
    > > a pipe as you've got, it'll use.

    > The reason I asked is because the user is getting a windows size error
    > and this is what he sent:

    Window size in TCP is about MTU not rate.

    > Can you please verify what the data window size is for the server you
    > are connecting to? The error that you are seeing is stating that the
    > SSH data transfer rate is larger than the SSH data receive rate on the
    > server. Once the remote host is able to verify the SSH data receive
    > rate, you should be able to adjust this rate for this connection.

    I think window size control packets are ICMP? Lots of sites
    block ICMP so you can't ping or traceroute them. It also
    blocks various other ICMP functions like redirects and status.

    The TCP stack should handle this autoamtically. It gets the
    error or fails to get returns, then automatically reduces window
    size to see if that helps. If that's what they are seeing then
    it's actually doing the right thing in the face of blocked ICMP.

+ Reply to Thread