This is a discussion on ANN: Seed7 Release 2008-05-25 - Unix ; Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080525.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when ...
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080525.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- A new chapter about complex numbers was added to the manual.
- A new chapter about symbol scanning from a file, was added to the
- The makefile for linux/bsd/unix and the file mk_linux.mak were
improved to be usable for shells where a \n in the echo command
leads to errors in the make process (thanks to Wolfgang Raith,
Jens Thoms Toerring and Arnold Hendriks for helping with this
- The function cp_to_wstri was protected with 'ifdef USE_WFOPEN' in
the files striutl.c and striutl.h (thanks to Wolfgang Raith for
pointing out compilation problems).
- The functions = and <> were added to the complex.s7i library.
- The documentation comments of the libraries scanfile.s7i and
scanstri.s7i were improved.
- The functions skipLine and getLine were added to the scanfile.s7i
- The strifile.s7i library, which supports string based files, was
- The documentation comment of the get_symbol function in the file
bas7.sd7 was improved.
- The function processFile which checks the functions getWhiteSpace
and getSymbolOrComment was added to the program chkscan.sd7 .
- The functions filWrite and ut8Write were improved to raise
FILE_ERROR when the call of fwrite() was not able to write the
- Support for the primitive action flt_cast was added to the
interpreter and compiler.
- The function setToInt which can convert parts of a set to an
integer was added to set_rtl.c .
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.