solaris sudo - Unix

This is a discussion on solaris sudo - Unix ; I have installed sudo in several new Solaris Unix servers release 10. After I login using the sudo password I am constantly being asked the password several times example when I copy a file from one directory to another. When ...

  1. solaris sudo

    I have installed sudo in several new Solaris Unix servers release 10.
    After I login using the sudo password
    I am constantly being asked the password several times example when I
    copy a file from one directory to another.
    When I vi a secure file etc....... Why does it do that why doesn't
    remember the password I entered when I logged in? Does any one know
    how to control that?

    Thanks

  2. Re: solaris sudo

    rvaedex23@gmail.com writes:

    > I have installed sudo in several new Solaris Unix servers release 10.
    > After I login using the sudo password
    > I am constantly being asked the password several times example when I
    > copy a file from one directory to another.
    > When I vi a secure file etc....... Why does it do that why doesn't
    > remember the password I entered when I logged in? Does any one know
    > how to control that?

    Modify options in
    /etc/sudoers

    man sudoers for appropriate options. PASSWD and NOPASSWD tags
    verifypw flag tweaking will probably get you where you want to go.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: solaris sudo

    On May 23, 9:30*pm, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    > rvaede...@gmail.com writes:
    > > I have installed sudo in several new Solaris Unix servers release 10.
    > > After I login using the sudo password
    > > I am constantly being asked the password several times example when I
    > > copy a file from one directory to another.
    > > When I vi a secure file etc....... *Why does it do that why doesn't
    > > remember the password I entered when I logged in? *Does any one know
    > > how to control that?

    > Modify options in
    > * * * */etc/sudoers
    >
    > man sudoers for appropriate options. *PASSWD and NOPASSWD tags
    > verifypw flag tweaking will probably get you where you want to go.
    >
    > --
    > Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    Thanks that worked

+ Reply to Thread