http server lib? - Unix

This is a discussion on http server lib? - Unix ; I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects (parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it into an existing event framework in c/c++. ...

  1. http server lib?

    I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
    (parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
    too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
    into an existing event framework in c/c++.

    Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
    futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
    no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

    Gary

  2. Re: http server lib?

    http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2003-07/0008.html
    http://www.hughes.com.au/products/libhttpd/
    http://swill.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.webrick.org (Ruby)
    http://www.lighttpd.net/

    Again i doubt none is perfect, you need to hack a bit !

    -Raxit
    "Write your own poem"
    www.mykavita.com

    On Apr 27, 9:51*pm, garyjefferson...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
    > (parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
    > too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
    > into an existing event framework in c/c++.
    >
    > Any suggestions? *(searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
    > futility). *There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
    > no? *Or is this something I should just roll myself?
    >
    > Gary

+ Reply to Thread