pdf reader - Unix

This is a discussion on pdf reader - Unix ; Can anyone recommend a free PDF reader for a Solaris X64 system? Our Development Team just got this system in and they need a free tool to read pdf files. Sorry to say I don't know anything about Solaris systems. ...

  1. pdf reader

    --
    e-Mail: chris at cwaiken dot net
    Home: www.cwaiken.net

  2. Re: pdf reader

    Christopher W Aiken writes:
    >Can anyone recommend a free PDF reader for a Solaris X64
    >system? Our Development Team just got this system in
    >and they need a free tool to read pdf files. Sorry to
    >say I don't know anything about Solaris systems.

    Acrobat 4 is available (whee)

    http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/...-ar-405.tar.gz

    Otherwise, xpdf works and is bundled somewhere on the Sun discs.

  3. Re: pdf reader

    Christopher W Aiken wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a free PDF reader for a Solaris X64
    > system? Our Development Team just got this system in
    > and they need a free tool to read pdf files. Sorry to
    > say I don't know anything about Solaris systems.

    xpdf is extremely generic, blazingly fast, and works very well. Doesn't
    support PDF forms, though.

    http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/home.html

    Alternatively, if you're running Gnome, evince is the tool of choice;
    for KDE it's kpdf (I think, I don't use KDE).

    --
    David Given
    dg@cowlark.com

+ Reply to Thread