Server exiting before clild receives message in SOCKETS - Unix

This is a discussion on Server exiting before clild receives message in SOCKETS - Unix ; In am connecting two system via TCP using sockets. The problem I am facing is that my server is exiting before child receives the message. So what should I do??...

  1. Server exiting before clild receives message in SOCKETS

    In am connecting two system via TCP using sockets.

    The problem I am facing is that my server is exiting before child
    receives the message.

    So what should I do??

  2. Re: Server exiting before clild receives message in SOCKETS

    Sanchit wrote:
    > In am connecting two system via TCP using sockets.

    > The problem I am facing is that my server is exiting before child
    > receives the message.

    Do you mean the "client" instead of "child"? Why is the server
    exiting? How did you figure ot that this is what's happening?

    > So what should I do??

    Write the server in a way that it doesn't exit too early? Sorry,
    but the description of the problem is much too incomplete as that
    it would possible to give any reasonable advice. Please state
    what exactly is supposed to happen between server and client and
    what could make the server exit.

    Regards, Jens