facing problem with scp command while using in crontab - Unix

This is a discussion on facing problem with scp command while using in crontab - Unix ; Hello All, I want to transfer a file from one machine to another using scp command through crontab. But its giving error saying "scp Permission Denied". Even I have passed the absolute path of the scp command. Anybody please let ...

  1. facing problem with scp command while using in crontab

    Hello All,

    I want to transfer a file from one machine to another using scp
    command through crontab. But its giving error saying "scp Permission
    Denied". Even I have passed the absolute path of the scp command.
    Anybody please let me know how to resolve the issue. The same script
    when executed on command prompt goes fine.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Kamal

  2. Re: facing problem with scp command while using in crontab

    At 2008-04-08 10:29AM, "KamalKishore.Rajput@gmail.com" wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I want to transfer a file from one machine to another using scp
    > command through crontab. But its giving error saying "scp Permission
    > Denied". Even I have passed the absolute path of the scp command.
    > Anybody please let me know how to resolve the issue. The same script
    > when executed on command prompt goes fine.

    So what's the difference between your shell's environment and
    cron's environment? Therein lies the answer.

    --
    Glenn Jackman
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist,

+ Reply to Thread