This is a discussion on ANN: Seed7 Release 2008-04-06 - Unix ; Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080406.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when ...
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080406.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The interpreter and the compiler (comp.sd7) were improved to
support the functions bitLength, lowestSetBit, <<, <<:=, >> and
>>:= for the types integer and bigInteger (inspired by Mensanator
for a program which explores the Collatz Conjecture).
- The priority of the << and >> operators was changed from 19 to 9 in
the file syntax.s7i.
- Uses of the obsolete file output operator << where replaced with
write functions in bas7.sd7, comp.sd7, ms.sd7, pac.sd7, sl.sd7,
snake.sd7, tarx.sd7, tetg.sd7 and tet.sd7.
- Descriptions about the new integer/bigInteger functions <<, <<:=,
>>, >>:=, bitLength and lowestSetBit were added to the manual.
- The chkint.sd7 program was improved with additional checks in
chkint for 'div', 'rem', 'mdiv', 'mod', <<, <<:=, >> and >>:= .
- The chkbig.sd7 program was improved with additional checks for **,
compare, lowestSetBit, <<, <<:=, >> and >>:= .
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to create optimized/improved
versions for the bigInteger functions odd, compare, <, <=, >, >=,
** and for the integer functions 'mdiv' and 'mod'.
- A description about the type bigRational was added to the manual.
- An explatation about type inference was added to the FAQ.
- A new constructor for complex numbers from a float was added to the
- A boss mode was added to the panic.sd7 and mahjong.sd7 example
- The bas7.sd7 (basic interpreter) example program was improved.
- The makefiles were improved to set the RSHIFT_DOES_SIGN_EXTEND
macro in the version.h file.
- A bug in the primitive action flt_mcpy was fixed.
- The primitive action flt_str was improved to support denormal float
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.