"Always Execute" target in gnu make - Unix

This is a discussion on "Always Execute" target in gnu make - Unix ; I am trying to duplicate the .INIT function available on the Alpha's Tru64 unix make. This target is always executed first when make starts up. Is there any function in gnu make that does this, or anyway to duplicate it? ...

  1. "Always Execute" target in gnu make

    I am trying to duplicate the .INIT function available on the Alpha's Tru64 unix
    make.

    This target is always executed first when make starts up.

    Is there any function in gnu make that does this, or anyway to duplicate it?

    TIA

    .... Greg

  2. Re: "Always Execute" target in gnu make

    On 23 Mar, 21:46, "GJS" wrote:
    > I am trying to duplicate the .INIT function available on the Alpha's Tru64 unix
    > make.
    >
    > This target is always executed first when make starts up.
    >
    > Is there any function in gnu make that does this, or anyway to duplicate it?

    You could use shell function. It can be invoked before make starts
    executing rules.
    http://www.gnu.org/software/make/man...Shell-Function

+ Reply to Thread