Sessions and groups - Unix

This is a discussion on Sessions and groups - Unix ; I am so confused on the session, session leader, process group etc.. Is there any way that I can learn very clearly? If so pls replay...

  1. Sessions and groups

    I am so confused on the session, session leader, process group etc..
    Is there any way that I can learn very clearly?
    If so pls replay

  2. Re: Sessions and groups

    On 19 Mar, 07:42, lak wrote:
    > I am so confused on the session, session leader, process group etc..
    > Is there any way that I can learn very clearly?

    Crazy idea: search for "session leader process group". The
    first hit for me pointed to wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
    Process_group

    Is there something in particular that is confusing you?

  3. Re: Sessions and groups

    lak writes:
    >I am so confused on the session, session leader, process group etc..
    >Is there any way that I can learn very clearly?
    >If so pls replay

    From the horses mouth:

    Author: Tim Williams
    Title: Session Management in System V Release 4
    Pages: 365-375
    Publisher: USENIX
    Proceedings: USENIX Conference Proceedings
    Date: Winter 1989
    Location: San Diego, CA
    Institution: AT&T Bell Laboratories, Summit

    Supposedly, all the usenix proceedings are free on-line.

    www.usenix.org.

    scott

+ Reply to Thread