How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is runningproperly - Unix

This is a discussion on How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is runningproperly - Unix ; How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is running properly? Please help. Thanks....

  1. How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is runningproperly

    How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is running
    properly?
    Please help.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is running properly

    In article
    <80b50eb2-a9dc-4089-8d0d-01c18842097e@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
    wong_powah@yahoo.ca wrote:

    > How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is running
    > properly?

    You could read a few thousand values from them and do a statistical
    analysis.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is runningproperly

    On Mar 18, 2:14 am, Barry Margolin wrote:
    > In article
    > <80b50eb2-a9dc-4089-8d0d-01c188420...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > wong_po...@yahoo.ca wrote:
    > > How to check either /var/run/egd-pool or /dev/random is running
    > > properly?

    > You could read a few thousand values from them and do a statistical
    > analysis.
    >
    > --
    > Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
    > Arlington, MA

    Do /dev/random works the same for linux and solaris x86 (SunOS 5.10
    Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc)?
    Do we need to configure /dev/random differently?
    My program works for linux but fails on solaris x86.

+ Reply to Thread