unix system problem handling - Unix

This is a discussion on unix system problem handling - Unix ; Hi, If I have a solaris 10 server and it has application running on it, users say the application response slowly. I have checked all hardwares are normal and the system resources are normal too. Besides collecting the system and ...

  1. unix system problem handling

    Hi,
    If I have a solaris 10 server and it has application running on it,
    users say the application response slowly. I have checked all
    hardwares are normal and the system resources are normal too. Besides
    collecting the system and application logs, what should I do before
    restarting the application? Please help. Thanks

  2. Re: unix system problem handling

    BL writes:

    > Hi,
    > If I have a solaris 10 server and it has application running on it,
    > users say the application response slowly. I have checked all
    > hardwares are normal and the system resources are normal too. Besides
    > collecting the system and application logs, what should I do before
    > restarting the application? Please help. Thanks

    That's a pretty general question.

    What application are they complaining about? What specifically have
    you checked of hardware and system resources?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: unix system problem handling

    On 3月18日, 上午12時33分, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    > BL writes:
    > > Hi,
    > > If I have a solaris 10 server and it has application running on it,
    > > users say the application response slowly. I have checked all
    > > hardwares are normal and the system resources are normal too. Besides
    > > collecting the system and application logs, what should I do before
    > > restarting the application? Please help. Thanks

    > That's a pretty general question.
    >
    > What application are they complaining about? What specifically have
    > you checked of hardware and system resources?
    >
    > --
    > Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    Suppose a java application is running on that system. The usage of
    cpu, memory and disk IO are very normal in sar report.
    Besides, I collect the application log files and trace the problem by
    "truss". Can I do more steps before restarting the process? Thanks

  4. Re: unix system problem handling

    BL writes:

    > On 318, 1233, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    >> BL writes:
    >> > Hi,
    >> > If I have a solaris 10 server and it has application running on it,
    >> > users say the application response slowly. I have checked all
    >> > hardwares are normal and the system resources are normal too. Besides
    >> > collecting the system and application logs, what should I do before
    >> > restarting the application? Please help. Thanks

    >> That's a pretty general question.
    >>
    >> What application are they complaining about? What specifically have
    >> you checked of hardware and system resources?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    > Suppose a java application is running on that system. The usage of
    > cpu, memory and disk IO are very normal in sar report.
    > Besides, I collect the application log files and trace the problem by
    > "truss". Can I do more steps before restarting the process? Thanks

    Does the supposed java application contact a database on another
    system that might be having big problems?? Does it rely on
    authentication handled by another system that might be horrendous?
    What does the java application do? Does it by its nature have
    operational aspects unrelated to cpu memory or disk io that might also
    explain the trouble?

    Is the Java application supported by any commercial vendor with a
    helpdesk?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  5. Re: unix system problem handling

    On Mar 18, 12:53 pm, comph...@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    > BL writes:

    > >> That's a pretty general question.

    > >> What application are they complaining about? What specifically have
    > >> you checked of hardware and system resources?

    > >> --
    > >> Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    > > Suppose a java application is running on that system. The usage of
    > > cpu, memory and disk IO are very normal in sar report.
    > > Besides, I collect the application log files and trace the problem by
    > > "truss". Can I do more steps before restarting the process? Thanks

    > Does the supposed java application contact a database on another
    > system that might be having big problems?? Does it rely on
    > authentication handled by another system that might be horrendous?
    > What does the java application do? Does it by its nature have
    > operational aspects unrelated to cpu memory or disk io that might also
    > explain the trouble?
    >
    > Is the Java application supported by any commercial vendor with a
    > helpdesk?
    >
    > --
    > Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    Can this problem be replicated in a similar setup? (i.e. another test
    environment).?

+ Reply to Thread