hi i need help - Unix

This is a discussion on hi i need help - Unix ; hi all , when i use the make file given below i get the warning message.. clock skew detected your build may be incomplete.how can i remove this warning pls help me.. the make file which i use is ... ...

  1. hi i need help

    hi all ,
    when i use the make file given below i get the warning message..
    clock skew detected your build may be incomplete.how can i remove
    this warning
    pls help me..

    the make file which i use is ...

    obj-M:=hello.o
    all:
    make -C/lib/modules/$(shellUname-r)/build M=$(PWD)modules
    clean:
    make -C/lib/modules/$(shellUname-r)/build M=$(PWD)clean

    thanks in advance..

  2. Re: hi i need help

    devesh wrote:
    > hi all ,
    > when i use the make file given below i get the warning message..
    > clock skew detected your build may be incomplete.how can i remove
    > this warning
    > pls help me..
    >
    > the make file which i use is ...
    >

    > obj-M:=hello.o
    > all:
    > make -C/lib/modules/$(shellUname-r)/build M=$(PWD)modules
    > clean:
    > make -C/lib/modules/$(shellUname-r)/build M=$(PWD)clean
    >

    > thanks in advance..

    You have to fix your clocks!

    Robert

  3. Re: hi i need help

    In article
    <407a2d32-8c54-4d90-ab3b-50dcace72de8@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    devesh wrote:

    > hi all ,
    > when i use the make file given below i get the warning message..
    > clock skew detected your build may be incomplete.how can i remove
    > this warning
    > pls help me..
    >
    > the make file which i use is ...
    >

    > obj-M:=hello.o
    > all:
    > make -C/lib/modules/$(shellUname-r)/build M=$(PWD)modules
    > clean:
    > make -C/lib/modules/$(shellUname-r)/build M=$(PWD)clean
    >

    > thanks in advance..

    This happens when you're using a network file server, and the clock on
    your client machine is behind the clock on the server. Make reports
    this error if the timestamp on one of the files is in the future.

    Use NTP to synchronize all your clocks.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA