How to integrate threading functionality? - Unix

This is a discussion on How to integrate threading functionality? - Unix ; Hi, I'm using a small Opensource calculation tool for genetic epidemiology statistics. Unfortunately, this programm is not capable of threading, and calculation could sometimes take 20h or more. As I could use a multicore workstation, I would like to extend ...

  1. How to integrate threading functionality?

    Hi,
    I'm using a small Opensource calculation tool for genetic epidemiology statistics.
    Unfortunately, this programm is not capable of threading, and calculation could
    sometimes take 20h or more.
    As I could use a multicore workstation, I would like to extend the program to
    multithreading functionality.
    However, I have actually no clue how this could be done.
    The program is written in C++.
    Haplotype-calculation, a specical subfunctionality, takes the majority of time,
    therefore it might suit my needs to include threading functionality in this
    part of the programm.
    As I'm using Mac OSX I wonder whether there is a certain OS-dependend function
    I could need to toggle Multithreading?
    The sourcecode is rather short and could be obtained from
    http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/persona...-3.0.12.tar.gz
    Thanks for any hints,
    Chris

  2. Re: How to integrate threading functionality?

    Your question cannot be answered here. Get the Butenhof book on pthreads.
    -frank

+ Reply to Thread