system programming book - Unix

This is a discussion on system programming book - Unix ; Hi, which book is the best for newbie to learn unix system programming? Thanks...

  1. system programming book

    Hi, which book is the best for newbie to learn unix system
    programming? Thanks

  2. Re: system programming book

    On Feb 6, 11:14 pm, BL wrote:
    > Hi, which book is the best for newbie to learn unix system
    > programming? Thanks

    I like very much, general purpose and very well written:
    APUE, Advanced Programming in the UNIX(R) Environment (2nd Edition)

    I remember seeing a FAQ with pointers to stevens book, but could find
    it.
    Any-one knows where it is plz ?

    -- Paulo

  3. Re: system programming book

    On 2008-02-07, ppi wrote:
    > On Feb 6, 11:14 pm, BL wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi, which book is the best for newbie to learn unix system
    > > programming? Thanks

    > I like very much, general purpose and very well written:
    > APUE, Advanced Programming in the UNIX(R) Environment (2nd Edition)
    >
    > I remember seeing a FAQ with pointers to stevens book, but could
    > find it.
    > Any-one knows where it is plz ?

    Yep (thanks to Ralf). http://www.kohala.com/start/apue.html

  4. Re: system programming book

    On Feb 7, 7:24*am, Archer wrote:
    > On 2008-02-07, ppi wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 6, 11:14 pm, BL wrote:

    > > > Hi, which book is the best for newbie to learn unix system
    > > > programming? Thanks

    > > I like very much, general purpose and very well written:
    > > APUE, Advanced Programming in the UNIX(R) Environment (2nd Edition)

    > > I remember seeing a FAQ with pointers to stevens book, but could
    > > find it.
    > > Any-one knows where it is plz ?

    > Yep (thanks to Ralf).http://www.kohala.com/start/apue.html

    The one that looks like K&R on steroids.

    RH

  5. Re: system programming book

    > > > I remember seeing a FAQ with pointers to stevens book, but could
    > > > find it.
    > > > Any-one knows where it is plz ?

    > > Yep (thanks to Ralf).http://www.kohala.com/start/apue.html

    > The one that looks like K&R on steroids.

    LOL.

    K & R is so good that it's the reason I forgot I had Stevens.

+ Reply to Thread