How to examine library functions in BSD? - Unix

This is a discussion on How to examine library functions in BSD? - Unix ; When I did some Windows programming, I had some utilities that would show info about the system libraries; library calls available, arguments, miscellaneous information. I know this worked on Windows system libraries but don't recall if they worked on application ...

  1. How to examine library functions in BSD?

    When I did some Windows programming, I had some utilities that would
    show info about the system libraries; library calls available,
    arguments, miscellaneous information. I know this worked on Windows
    system libraries but don't recall if they worked on application
    libraries. But is there a similar utility for FreeBSD where I can
    examine a *.so library and view the calls in it?

  2. Re: How to examine library functions in BSD?

    Perhaps I'm answering my own question but is it objdump? Are there
    others I need to be aware of?

  3. Re: How to examine library functions in BSD?

    drhowarddrfine wrote:
    > When I did some Windows programming, I had some utilities that would
    > show info about the system libraries; library calls available,
    > arguments, miscellaneous information. I know this worked on Windows
    > system libraries but don't recall if they worked on application
    > libraries. But is there a similar utility for FreeBSD where I can
    > examine a *.so library and view the calls in it?

    nm -s with its various options ...

+ Reply to Thread