John Doe wrote:
> underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can download a Zip 64-bit utility in
>> Solaris OS, e.g., 8 or 10 ?
>> I need to zip a 3+ gb size file. We could not use "gzip" or
>> "compress" utility. The current zip program at our server cannot zip
>> any file over 2gb in size.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bill

> If you are able to build from source then make the latest BETA version
> of zip:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/infozip/
>
> This will build large .zip files which include +2GB files and they
> extract OK with WinZip on MS Windows.
>
> The beta zip seems to work.
>
> I had problems with the beta unzip utility on solaris (sparc) where it
> will not read a .zip archive > 2GB. Not had time to debug code yet or
> look at the issue (possibly I did not build it right, need to recheck,
> but it was very easy).
>
> John.

I got unzip working, seems to be a problem with type definitions for
64-bit unsigned integer. Running with sun CC and an ugly hack to
unzip60c/unzpriv.h

*** 1753,1759 ****
# ifdef __GNUC__
typedef unsigned long long z_uint8;
# else
! typedef unsigned __int64 z_uint8;
# endif
# define Z_UINT8_DEFINED
# endif
--- 1753,1760 ----
# ifdef __GNUC__
typedef unsigned long long z_uint8;
# else
! typedef unsigned long long z_uint8;
! /* typedef unsigned __int64 z_uint8;*/
# endif
# define Z_UINT8_DEFINED
# endif

And then build using "make -f unix/Makefile generic". This needs a more
elegant solution but has me up and running with +2GB files.

John