How to Implement NIS if we have mixed environment Likesolaris,aix,linux - Unix

This is a discussion on How to Implement NIS if we have mixed environment Likesolaris,aix,linux - Unix ; Hi All, How to Implement NIS if we have mixed environment Like solaris,aix,linux for centralised user authentication can some through some lights Best practises Regards, Prak...

  1. How to Implement NIS if we have mixed environment Likesolaris,aix,linux

    Hi All,

    How to Implement NIS if we have mixed environment Like
    solaris,aix,linux for centralised user authentication

    can some through some lights

    Best practises

    Regards,
    Prak

  2. Re: How to Implement NIS if we have mixed environment Like solaris,aix,linux

    In article
    <77308c4c-ba53-4184-8169-8a43a10d9bdc@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
    prak wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > How to Implement NIS if we have mixed environment Like
    > solaris,aix,linux for centralised user authentication
    >
    > can some through some lights
    >
    > Best practises
    >
    > Regards,
    > Prak

    Use a commercial UNIX for serving NIS masters and slaves and NFS.
    Solaris and AIX should be up to it. Lots of versions of the Linux
    kernel are just plain broken for serving NFS. I'm not confident that
    they're implementation of NIS is any better. I know Solaris' version
    works and has for many years.