write a media player using gtk+ - Unix

This is a discussion on write a media player using gtk+ - Unix ; Hi, I want to write a media(video) player using gtk+, I take a look at several existing project, they all use XWindow API to display decoded image, but I am not familiar with XLib, so I want to know if ...

  1. write a media player using gtk+

    Hi,

    I want to write a media(video) player using gtk+, I take a look at
    several existing project, they all use XWindow API to display decoded
    image, but I am not familiar with XLib, so I want to know if it is
    possible to use pure GTK+ API to achieve this? What about the
    performance comparing to use XLib directly?

    Thanks.
    Bin

  2. Re: write a media player using gtk+

    Bin Chen writes:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I want to write a media(video) player using gtk+, I take a look at
    >several existing project, they all use XWindow API to display decoded
    >image, but I am not familiar with XLib, so I want to know if it is
    >possible to use pure GTK+ API to achieve this? What about the
    >performance comparing to use XLib directly?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >Bin

    IIRC the GTK+ API for this _is_ Xlib.

    scott