Hello Group,

I've posted this message already in comp.lang.c ("Linux, extracing
symbol table to read core dump") as I didn't know what the correct group
was. Got redirected here and will post it again:

I'm debugging code which is in use on many remote systems. The code is
available in source and always compiled at the target's system. Every
now and then it crashes, giving me a core dump.

Here's the problem: Even though I'm sent the binary file (including
debugging symbols, of course) and the core file, I cannot debug symbols
in the C library. Obviously, they are very different on my system. So
how can one get that done?

Greetings,
Johannes

--
"PS: Ein Realname wäre nett. Ich selbst nutze nur keinen, weil mich die
meisten hier bereits mit Namen kennen." -- Markus Gronotte aka "Makus"