ndd command not working - Unix

This is a discussion on ndd command not working - Unix ; I have solaris 10 and when I tried to see what settings (full/half duplex) I have. I am getting this error: ndd -get /dev/hme link-speed open of /dev/hme failed: No such device or address this file exists in dev thanks ...

  1. ndd command not working

    I have solaris 10 and when I tried to see what settings (full/half
    duplex) I have.

    I am getting this error:

    ndd -get /dev/hme link-speed
    open of /dev/hme failed: No such device or address

    this file exists in dev

    thanks
    Roger

  2. Re: ndd command not working

    rogv24@yahoo.com wrote:

    > I have solaris 10 and when I tried to see what settings (full/half
    > duplex) I have.
    >
    > I am getting this error:
    >
    > ndd -get /dev/hme link-speed
    > open of /dev/hme failed: No such device or address
    >
    > this file exists in dev
    >
    > thanks
    > Roger

    The presence of /dev/hme device link and a device node in /devices/...
    does not necessarily mean it points to a loaded kernel module.

    You test the available (plumbed) interfaces with

    ifconfig -a

    --
    Michael Tosch @ hp : com

+ Reply to Thread