Re: NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.0.8 Hail Democracy Release for Windows/Linux/Unix - Unix

This is a discussion on Re: NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.0.8 Hail Democracy Release for Windows/Linux/Unix - Unix ; NewsMaestro said: > How could you participate on Usenet without NewsMaestro? Easily. You use Thunderbird, or Agent, or Opera, or KNode, or any of a number of other clients whose authors don't constantly spam technical newsgroups. Anyone thinking about using ...

  1. Re: NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.0.8 Hail Democracy Release for Windows/Linux/Unix

    NewsMaestro said:

    > How could you participate on Usenet without NewsMaestro?

    Easily. You use Thunderbird, or Agent, or Opera, or KNode, or any of a
    number of other clients whose authors don't constantly spam technical
    newsgroups.

    Anyone thinking about using NewsMaestro would do well to read your entire
    article before making that decision, and then ask themselves the question
    "do I really want to use software written by someone as muddle-headed,
    arrogant, and offensive as this?"

    Below, various extracts from the original article are quoted. Anyone who
    thinks I'm selectively quoting is right, but the original context (all
    900+ lines of it!) can be found in the original article, for the
    suspiciously-minded.

    Remember the question: "do I really want to use software written by this
    kind of bozo?"

    > These posts occur under a very specific thread
    > and do not interfere with the regular usenet operation
    > in any way, shape or form. The best thing to do,
    > if you are some intolerant, blood boiling and mouth
    > foaming idiot, is to simply ignore it.

    Actually, ignoring NewsMaestro does seem to be good advice, whether you are
    "some intolerant, blood boiling and mouth foaming idiot", or simply a
    normal Usenetter who doesn't want to see Usenet dragged (even further)
    into the mire by offensive articles like the OP.

    > Do not follow up on it, and just forget about it.

    You don't get to choose who follows up on your articles. If you don't want
    followups, don't post. If you post, expect followups.

    > All those blood boiling and mouth foaming idiots,

    That's us, folks! NewsMaestro's potential users are idiots, right? Got
    that? Rule 1 of marketing: don't offend your potential customers by
    calling them idiots. Amazingly enough, several companies have managed to
    ignore this rule and get away with it. But it won't work in
    comp.programming.

    > If you find any problems or issues, post under this thread in:
    >
    > news.software.readers

    THAT would have been an appropriate group in which to post news of a new
    newsreader. But it is strangely absent from the crosspost list.

    > The most propagated hierarchy on usenet, Big-8, has been
    > taken over by the totalitarian clique of puppets, appointed
    > by the previous herr fuehrer, Russ Allbery, who has done more
    > destruction to usenet than anyone in its entire history.

    For those who care, Godwin's Law applies. Clearly, the OP doesn't care. It
    seems that he's not *interested* in Usenet as a community, only in
    exploiting it as a resource.

    > These puppets of Russ completely abolished the most
    > fundamental principles of Democracy and replaced them
    > with dictates by the Stalinist style committee,
    > which is themselves. Their arrogance is on the par with
    > obsene.

    Not content with Hitler comparisons, the OP goes for Stalin comparisons as
    well. Why he doesn't bring in Mussolini as well is beyond me.

    > Take care of that nazi clique of Russ Allbery's puppets,

    Godwin squared.

    > So, he, and his previous fuehrer, David Lawrence, aka tale

    Er, cubed.

    > the news admins won't even see it, unless it is PGP signed
    > by herr fuehrer Russ,

    And again!

    Well, there's another 500 lines of this junk, and I'm not going to waste my
    time ploughing through it. But if you were thinking about using
    NewsMaestro, you may have seen enough to make you think again.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    Email: -http://www. +rjh@

  2. Re: NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.0.8 Hail Democracy Release for Windows/Linux/Unix

    On 7 Nov, 04:36, Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > NewsMaestro said:
    >
    > > How could you participate on Usenet without NewsMaestro?

    > Easily. You use Thunderbird, or Agent, or Opera, or KNode, or any of a
    > number of other clients whose authors don't constantly spam technical
    > newsgroups.

    Or, indeed, Google...

    > Anyone thinking about using NewsMaestro would do well to read your entire
    > article before making that decision, and then ask themselves the question
    > "do I really want to use software written by someone as muddle-headed,
    > arrogant, and offensive as this?"
    >
    > Below, various extracts from the original article are quoted.

    If you read the section of the original article entitled "Monkey
    Business" you may suspect that the original article was not entirely
    serious. I'm still puzzled as to whether any of it was, or not.

    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread