accessing raid 5 data - Unix

This is a discussion on accessing raid 5 data - Unix ; My dell server has 5 drives drives 0-2 is in a raid 5 and has old data on it drives 3-4 is in raid 1 which i installed rhel5 on originally i could not boot into the raid 5 due ...

  1. accessing raid 5 data

    My dell server has 5 drives

    drives 0-2 is in a raid 5 and has old data on it

    drives 3-4 is in raid 1 which i installed rhel5 on

    originally i could not boot into the raid 5 due to a bootloader or kernel
    panic error on boot after a redhat 9 to rhel5 direct upgrade.

    So I added the two drives and created a mirror and install rhel5 on fresh.
    its boots fine but now i want to access the raid 5 data

    how do i do that?

  2. Re: accessing raid 5 data

    On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 10:03:38 -0800, nobody wrote:

    >My dell server has 5 drives

    >drives 0-2 is in a raid 5 and has old data on it

    >drives 3-4 is in raid 1 which i installed rhel5 on

    >originally i could not boot into the raid 5 due to a bootloader or kernel
    >panic error on boot after a redhat 9 to rhel5 direct upgrade.

    >So I added the two drives and created a mirror and install rhel5 on fresh.
    >its boots fine but now i want to access the raid 5 data

    >how do i do that?

    google: "linux raid faq"

+ Reply to Thread