Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer. - Unix

This is a discussion on Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer. - Unix ; Any Idea ? Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer. Code fail while stress testing open/clsoing approx. 500+ connection. -Raxit...

  1. Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    Any Idea ?
    Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    Code fail while stress testing
    open/clsoing approx. 500+ connection.

    -Raxit

  2. Re: Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:39:28 -0700, Sheth Raxit wrote:

    > Any Idea ?
    > Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.
    >
    > Code fail while stress testing
    > open/clsoing approx. 500+ connection.

    First guess: something is running out of connections, and starts closing
    the older ones.
    maybe a bridge or firewall ?

    HTH,
    AvK

  3. Re: Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    On Oct 30, 5:39 am, Sheth Raxit wrote:
    > Any Idea ?
    > Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.
    >
    > Code fail while stress testing
    > open/clsoing approx. 500+ connection.
    >
    > -Raxit

    Why do you think this is a problem that needs to be solved? What code
    is failing? Why do you consider this a failure condition?

    DS

  4. Re: Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    On Oct 31, 8:45 pm, David Schwartz wrote:
    > On Oct 30, 5:39 am, Sheth Raxit wrote:
    >
    > > Any Idea ?
    > > Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    > > Code fail while stress testing
    > > open/clsoing approx. 500+ connection.

    > > -Raxit

    > Why do you think this is a problem that needs to be solved? What code
    > is failing? Why do you consider this a failure condition?

    Interesting Question !

    Brief Description,
    ======Logic Client program========
    Main Will create N Thread.

    ==============Each Thread Will=======
    For Loop 50 Times......Below. <10 is hardcoded
    currently>

    1. Open Connection.
    2. Send Request Packet.
    3. Recieve Reply Packet.
    4. Close Connection.

    return.

    Read Is Failing.... with error codes
    Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.
    Read Fail -0 -Error 0

    I know Design is Wrong !
    It should not be request per connection, as it will create too man
    Socket Open/Close overhead overhead.>.

    > DS

  5. Re: Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    On Oct 31, 11:25 pm, Sheth Raxit wrote:

    > Read Is Failing.... with error codes
    > Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.
    > Read Fail -0 -Error 0

    You still have not explained why you think this is a problem. If the
    connection really was reset by the peer, then the error code is
    completely accurate and is telling you what the other side actually
    did.

    DS

  6. Re: Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    On Nov 2, 8:55 pm, David Schwartz wrote:
    > On Oct 31, 11:25 pm, Sheth Raxit wrote:
    >
    > > Read Is Failing.... with error codes
    > > Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.
    > > Read Fail -0 -Error 0

    > You still have not explained why you think this is a problem. If the
    > connection really was reset by the peer, then the error code is
    > completely accurate and is telling you what the other side actually

    Actually Bombarding Packet to my servers...from test client...
    So real query is now....why my Tcp Server is failing...?
    thanks for initiating thought process. !

    > did.
    >
    > DS

    -Raxit

  7. Re: Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    On Nov 2, 9:01 am, Sheth Raxit wrote:

    > Actually Bombarding Packet to my servers...from test client...
    > So real query is now....why my Tcp Server is failing...?
    > thanks for initiating thought process. !

    What's happening on the server side? Is some system call getting an
    error? If so, what system call and what error?

    DS

  8. Re: Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.

    On 2007-11-01, Sheth Raxit wrote:
    [...]
    > 1. Open Connection.
    > 2. Send Request Packet.
    > 3. Recieve Reply Packet.
    > 4. Close Connection.
    >
    > return.
    >
    > Read Is Failing.... with error codes
    > Read Fail -104 -Connection reset by peer.
    > Read Fail -0 -Error 0
    >
    > I know Design is Wrong !
    > It should not be request per connection, as it will create too man

    Design could be fine. The error handling is wrong. Connection reset
    is quite a normal situation. The program must be prepared to handle it
    gracefully. This error happens in situations when peer unexpectedly
    disappears. It might happen for whatever reason (crash, firefall, kill
    etc.) So the program must be ready to react appropriately (termination
    is not an appropriate action here).