Custom sshd - Unix

This is a discussion on Custom sshd - Unix ; Hi I want to use my authentication mechanism in my sshd. As well, I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. Could you please tell me ...

  1. Custom sshd

    Hi
    I want to use my authentication mechanism in my sshd. As well,
    I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another
    applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. Could you please
    tell me how can I achieve this? Thanks very much!

    Regards!
    Bo

  2. Re: Custom sshd

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:21:14 +0800, Bo Yang wrote:
    > Hi
    > I want to use my authentication mechanism in my sshd. As well,
    > I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another
    > applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. Could you please
    > tell me how can I achieve this? Thanks very much!

    ssh user@remotehost commandtorun

  3. Re: Custom sshd

    On 30 Ott, 13:25, Dave Hinz wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:21:14 +0800, Bo Yang wrote:
    > > Hi
    > > I want to use my authentication mechanism in my sshd. As well,
    > > I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another
    > > applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. Could you please
    > > tell me how can I achieve this? Thanks very much!

    > ssh user@remotehost commandtorun

    And you can use keys to avoid inserting password manually every time

  4. Re: Custom sshd

    andrea wrote:

    >>> I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another
    >>> applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. ...

    >> ssh user@remotehost commandtorun

    > And you can use keys to avoid inserting password manually every time

    With the "authorized_keys" (or equivalent) file configured such that
    only the command you want to run can be run with the key in question.

    The OP might have to read some documentation and conduct some
    experiments to be sure (s)he knows how to get it to behave exactly as
    required.

  5. Re: Custom sshd

    At 2007-10-30 05:21AM, "Bo Yang" wrote:
    > Hi
    > I want to use my authentication mechanism in my sshd. As well,
    > I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another
    > applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. Could you please
    > tell me how can I achieve this? Thanks very much!

    You could change the user's login shell to be your application: see
    usermod.

    --
    Glenn Jackman
    "You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." -- Dave Barry

  6. Re: Custom sshd

    In article ,
    Bo Yang writes:
    > Hi
    > I want to use my authentication mechanism in my sshd. As well,
    > I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another
    > applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. Could you please
    > tell me how can I achieve this? Thanks very much!
    >
    > Regards!
    > Bo

    You'll have a better chance of getting an answer on
    comp.security.ssh

    See also if you can find a copy of what's known as "The
    Snail Book": "SSH, The Secure Shell", "The Definitive Guide",
    by Daniel J. Barrett and Richard E. Silverman, ISBN 0-596-00011-1,
    from O'Reilly. This should answer just about any SSH question
    you might have.

    Bob Melson

    -----
    "People unfit for freedom---who cannot do much with it---are
    hungry for power." ---Eric Hoffer

  7. Re: Custom sshd

    Glenn Jackman :
    > At 2007-10-30 05:21AM, "Bo Yang" wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I want to use my authentication mechanism in my sshd. As well,
    >> I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another
    >> applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. Could you please
    >> tell me how can I achieve this? Thanks very much!

    > You could change the user's login shell to be your application: see
    > usermod.

    Thank you. But I want my application to do the authenticate too. Could
    you please tell me is that possible?

    Regards!
    Bo

  8. Re: Custom sshd

    Robert Melson :
    > In article ,
    > Bo Yang writes:
    >> Hi
    >> I want to use my authentication mechanism in my sshd. As well,
    >> I do not want to run a shell after user succeed logining. Another
    >> applicatoin will be run after user pass the validation. Could you please
    >> tell me how can I achieve this? Thanks very much!
    >>
    >> Regards!
    >> Bo

    > You'll have a better chance of getting an answer on
    > comp.security.ssh
    >
    > See also if you can find a copy of what's known as "The
    > Snail Book": "SSH, The Secure Shell", "The Definitive Guide",
    > by Daniel J. Barrett and Richard E. Silverman, ISBN 0-596-00011-1,
    > from O'Reilly. This should answer just about any SSH question
    > you might have.

    Thanks, I will post this message there to try to search some answers.

    Regards!
    Bo

+ Reply to Thread