code to generate XML time string - Unix

This is a discussion on code to generate XML time string - Unix ; Is there a function or agrument I can pass to a funciton to generate a XML time string. note this is in UTC time Ie 2002-10-10T17:00:00Z...

  1. code to generate XML time string

    Is there a function or agrument I can pass to a funciton to generate a
    XML time string.

    note this is in UTC time

    Ie
    2002-10-10T17:00:00Z

  2. Re: code to generate XML time string

    Stu writes:

    > Is there a function or agrument I can pass to a funciton to generate a
    > XML time string.

    I've no idea what an "XML time string" is, but maybe strftime() can be
    used.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mans@mansr.com

  3. Re: code to generate XML time string

    Stu wrote:
    > Is there a function or agrument I can pass to a funciton to generate a
    > XML time string.
    >
    > note this is in UTC time
    >
    > Ie
    > 2002-10-10T17:00:00Z

    That looks an awful lot like an ISO 8601 time string to me. Knowing what
    the format is that you're looking for should help you find some code that
    generates it.

    - Logan

+ Reply to Thread