executing command with !partial - Unix

This is a discussion on executing command with !partial - Unix ; How do you view a command before executing it with "!partial"? Say I have two similar commands like "ls /usr" and "ls" and I want to execute the first "ls /usr". "!ls" executes the last one....

  1. executing command with !partial

    How do you view a command before executing it with "!partial"?

    Say I have two similar commands like "ls /usr" and "ls" and I want to
    execute the first "ls /usr".
    "!ls" executes the last one.

  2. Re: executing command with !partial

    jammer wrote:
    > How do you view a command before executing it with "!partial"?
    >
    > Say I have two similar commands like "ls /usr" and "ls" and I want to
    > execute the first "ls /usr".
    > "!ls" executes the last one.

    bash and csh have

    history