How to do incremental backup - Unix

This is a discussion on How to do incremental backup - Unix ; Hi, I think I have post many questions about my BBS server. This time it comes to the back up problems. Now, my server uses complete backup every time. I mean, every time it back up the system, we run ...

  1. How to do incremental backup

    Hi,
    I think I have post many questions about my BBS server. This time it
    comes to the back up problems. Now, my server uses complete backup every
    time. I mean, every time it back up the system, we run tar zcvf .. ..
    ..But this method is very time-consuming. And I want to change the back
    up system to incremental back up. Could you please tell is there any
    good tool for this task? Or should I write shell script myself?

    Thanks in advance!

    Regards!
    Bo

  2. Re: How to do incremental backup

    Bo Yang writes:

    > Hi,
    > I think I have post many questions about my BBS server. This time
    > it comes to the back up problems. Now, my server uses complete backup
    > every time. I mean, every time it back up the system, we run tar zcvf

    GNU tar knows how to do incremental backups.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: How to do incremental backup

    Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen :
    > Bo Yang writes:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I think I have post many questions about my BBS server. This time
    >> it comes to the back up problems. Now, my server uses complete backup
    >> every time. I mean, every time it back up the system, we run tar zcvf

    > GNU tar knows how to do incremental backups.

    Yeah, thank you! I get the manual from GNU and now read it carefully.
    Thanks!

    Regards!
    Bo

  4. Re: How to do incremental backup

    it is easy. Here I recommend you a backup software - easeus todo backup. If you don't have special needs, the free version is enough for you. Besides full backup, it also offer your incremental or differential backup.

+ Reply to Thread