A way to find out what browser my users use - Unix

This is a discussion on A way to find out what browser my users use - Unix ; Hi, I am now trying to find that what browsers users are using to visit my BBS system. I can add some record in the CGI script in my system, but I really think there should be some existing tools ...

  1. A way to find out what browser my users use

    Hi,
    I am now trying to find that what browsers users are using to visit
    my BBS system. I can add some record in the CGI script in my system,
    but I really think there should be some existing tools for this
    purpose. In some pervious post, somebody point me to the webalizer.
    But I found that its document is very little to help to achieve my
    task.
    Could you give me some more advice, does webalizer can analyze that
    how much user using Firefox and how much using IE ? Or , is there some
    other tools ?
    Thanks!

    Regards!
    Bo

  2. Re: A way to find out what browser my users use

    Bo Yang wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am now trying to find that what browsers users are using to visit
    > my BBS system. I can add some record in the CGI script in my system,
    > but I really think there should be some existing tools for this
    > purpose. In some pervious post, somebody point me to the webalizer.
    > But I found that its document is very little to help to achieve my
    > task.
    > Could you give me some more advice, does webalizer can analyze that
    > how much user using Firefox and how much using IE ? Or , is there some
    > other tools ?

    Webalizer does provide a complete usage statistics by user agent.
    Visit the sample stats page at

    http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/sample/index.html

    choose a month to get detailed statistics, and from the top of the
    detailed usage statistics page pick the [Agents] link or scroll down
    to the user agent section.

    --
    Kenan Kalajdzic

  3. Re: A way to find out what browser my users use

    On 10 21 , 3 04 , Kenan Kalajdzic wrote:
    > Bo Yang wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I am now trying to find that what browsers users are using to visit
    > > my BBS system. I can add some record in the CGI script in my system,
    > > but I really think there should be some existing tools for this
    > > purpose. In some pervious post, somebody point me to the webalizer.
    > > But I found that its document is very little to help to achieve my
    > > task.
    > > Could you give me some more advice, does webalizer can analyze that
    > > how much user using Firefox and how much using IE ? Or , is there some
    > > other tools ?

    > Webalizer does provide a complete usage statistics by user agent.
    > Visit the sample stats page at
    >
    > http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/sample/index.html
    >
    > choose a month to get detailed statistics, and from the top of the
    > detailed usage statistics page pick the [Agents] link or scroll down
    > to the user agent section.

    I am sorry, but I really did not find the page you point. Could you
    please help more ?
    Thanks!

    Regards!
    Bo

  4. Re: A way to find out what browser my users use

    Bo Yang wrote:
    > On 10 21 , 3 04 , Kenan Kalajdzic wrote:
    >> Bo Yang wrote:
    >> > Hi,
    >> > I am now trying to find that what browsers users are using to visit
    >> > my BBS system. I can add some record in the CGI script in my system,
    >> > but I really think there should be some existing tools for this
    >> > purpose. In some pervious post, somebody point me to the webalizer.
    >> > But I found that its document is very little to help to achieve my
    >> > task.
    >> > Could you give me some more advice, does webalizer can analyze that
    >> > how much user using Firefox and how much using IE ? Or , is there some
    >> > other tools ?

    >> Webalizer does provide a complete usage statistics by user agent.
    >> Visit the sample stats page at
    >>
    >> http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/sample/index.html
    >>
    >> choose a month to get detailed statistics, and from the top of the
    >> detailed usage statistics page pick the [Agents] link or scroll down
    >> to the user agent section.

    > I am sorry, but I really did not find the page you point. Could you
    > please help more ?

    First, go to

    http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/sample/index.html

    and click on "May 1999". This will bring you to

    http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/samp...ge_199905.html

    There you click on "[Agents]" and you will get to

    http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/samp...html#TOPAGENTS

    Clicking on "View All User Agents" will show a page with complete user
    agent statistics, in this case

    http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/samp...nt_199905.html

    --
    Kenan Kalajdzic

  5. Re: A way to find out what browser my users use

    > First, go to
    >
    > http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/sample/index.html
    >
    > and click on "May 1999". This will bring you to
    >
    > http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/samp...ge_199905.html
    >
    > There you click on "[Agents]" and you will get to
    >
    > http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/samp...html#TOPAGENTS
    >
    > Clicking on "View All User Agents" will show a page with complete user
    > agent statistics, in this case
    >
    > http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/samp...nt_199905.html

    Thank you very much for you detailed instructions. Thanks again!

    Regards!
    Bo

+ Reply to Thread