start a program on another virtual tty - Unix

This is a discussion on start a program on another virtual tty - Unix ; Hi, If I am currently login in tty /dev/console, then I want to start a program in /dev/tty2, how can I do this? Assume I have root privilige. Thanks. Bin...

  1. start a program on another virtual tty

    Hi,

    If I am currently login in tty /dev/console, then I want to start a
    program in /dev/tty2, how can I do this? Assume I have root privilige.

    Thanks.
    Bin

  2. Re: start a program on another virtual tty

    On Oct 18, 4:40 pm, Bin Chen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > If I am currently login in tty /dev/console, then I want to start a
    > program in /dev/tty2, how can I do this? Assume I have root privilige.

    There is a program called `open' which does exactly that. I know
    there are packages for Linux and FreeBSD. The source code can be
    found at ftp://ftp.hs-niederrhein.de/pub/linu...pen-1.4.tar.gz .

+ Reply to Thread