Syslog-ng - Unix

This is a discussion on Syslog-ng - Unix ; Hi, We're evaluating solutions for managing a centralized log server for our systems. The only thing that I'm able to pull up any information on is syslog-ng. Are there any other open source or commercial applications used for maintaining a ...

  1. Syslog-ng

    Hi,

    We're evaluating solutions for managing a centralized log server for
    our systems. The only thing that I'm able to pull up any information
    on is syslog-ng. Are there any other open source or commercial
    applications used for maintaining a central system to manage the
    syslogs of numerous other systems?

    --Tom

  2. Re: Syslog-ng

    Hi,

    tjg80020@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We're evaluating solutions for managing a centralized log server for
    > our systems. The only thing that I'm able to pull up any information
    > on is syslog-ng. Are there any other open source or commercial
    > applications used for maintaining a central system to manage the
    > syslogs of numerous other systems?

    there is at leat one commercial product: 'enVision' by RSA.

    http://www.rsa.com/node.aspx?id=3170

    However, syslog-ng is a good chaice too. We are managing a hundrets of
    *nix boxes without any problem. Very good to customize and scales
    pretty good.

    bye, gk

+ Reply to Thread