How to use recover command???? :-( - Unix

This is a discussion on How to use recover command???? :-( - Unix ; Hi I am using ksh. I am trying to recover my overwritten datfiles in UNIX. I tried to use the recover command.But when I gave the command a message is comin as 'recover command not found . I also tried ...

  1. How to use recover command???? :-(

    Hi
    I am using ksh. I am trying to recover my overwritten datfiles in
    UNIX. I tried to use the recover command.But when I gave the command a
    message is comin as 'recover command not found . I also tried to use /
    usr/bin/recover command but it also was in vain. how can I access the
    recover command?Please help me to find a way to recover my files

  2. Re: How to use recover command???? :-(

    iamnivin@gmail.com writes:
    > I am using ksh. I am trying to recover my overwritten datfiles in
    > UNIX. I tried to use the recover command.But when I gave the command a
    > message is comin as 'recover command not found . I also tried to use /
    > usr/bin/recover command but it also was in vain. how can I access the
    > recover command?Please help me to find a way to recover my files

    What makes you think there's a command called "recover?"

    What sort of a UNIX system is this?

    --
    James Carlson, Solaris Networking
    Sun Microsystems / 35 Network Drive 71.232W Vox +1 781 442 2084

  3. How to use recover command???? :-(

    JC> What makes you think there's a command called "recover?"
    JC>
    JC> What sort of a UNIX system is this?

    I can make an educated guess.

+ Reply to Thread