UNIX shell scripts - Unix Tutorial

This is a discussion on UNIX shell scripts - Unix Tutorial ; Hi, First of all I apologize if I am posting the query on the wrong place. I am in a problem. I want to run sqlplus queries through UNIX shell scripts. But the moment I execute the script file it ...

  1. UNIX shell scripts

    Hi,

    First of all I apologize if I am posting the query on the wrong place.

    I am in a problem. I want to run sqlplus queries through UNIX shell scripts. But the moment I execute the script file it exits from the sql plus prompt. What is the way of executing sql queries from within a script file in UNIX box.

    Thanks,
    Trevor.

  2. Re: UNIX shell scripts

    You can execute SQL query using following on unix prompt

    sqlplus /

    Here username/password is the database username and password. Then run the SQL query on the SQL prompt

    2) & 3) I did not understand what u mean by scripts in this eg. Are theese unix scripts or sql scripts? What exactly do you need? Please explain in detail.

+ Reply to Thread