Firewall config in LucidLynx - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Firewall config in LucidLynx - Ubuntu ; I think my Virtual Box is to blame for my networking woes (outgoing connections are fine, incoming is acting like it's firewalled), but I wanted to double check.. I see that UFW isn't running, and even then, if it was ...

  1. Firewall config in LucidLynx

    I think my Virtual Box is to blame for my networking woes (outgoing connections are fine, incoming is acting like it's firewalled), but I wanted to double check..

    I see that UFW isn't running, and even then, if it was running it's not setup to block anything?

    Is that the only default firewall on this distro? I tried iptables/ipchains and they look like a non-issue.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    EDIT: SOLVED - It was internal monkey business, Ubuntu and VBox rock.
    Last edited by ChrisRich; 12-02-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Solved
    Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.
    Finally, Metrofax you can even use from a cell phone. +1 for these guys..

  2. Re: Firewall config in LucidLynx

    Ahhh finally figured it out. After a couple weeks I came back to this virtual box and decided to see what DHCP would hand me since none of the static IPs were working. As it turns out, at the other end of the building we are testing a special local net appliance from Metro and someone had ignored the available IP charts and just went wiggly piggly grabbing IPs at random.

    In the process I found out that Opera is a handy IRC client an the Virtual Box guys are a great community even if all my problems were local, they certainly tried hard!

    And now I've got this working I can move on MaverickMeerkat.. Freaking love the build names!

    PS: How do I mark a thread as "solved" ?
    Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.
    Finally, Metrofax you can even use from a cell phone. +1 for these guys..

+ Reply to Thread