Hello Everybody.

I am a beginner user of Ubuntu and I hope to grow up in this community, learning and trying to help other users to solve their problems as I'll get more expert.

This is my problem.

I am trying to run a program that is not installed on my home PC but it is into my workstation in my office. I used ssh protocol to gain acces to the server.
As well I try to run a program this messege appears, and the program do not start. I definitely can not undestand why I and would be very grateful if someone could help to figure this out!

no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

or

Application initialization failed (appInitProc): no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

Thank You in Advance.

D.!