Smoothwall OpenVPN MASQ - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Smoothwall OpenVPN MASQ - Ubuntu ; Hello I was wonder if anyone could help me with a problem. Here is the scenario...I am running open vpn mod on a smoothwall server... and clients can connect to it just fine, but here is the problem. LAN ip ...

  1. Smoothwall OpenVPN MASQ

    Hello I was wonder if anyone could help me with a problem. Here is the scenario...I am running open vpn mod on a smoothwall server... and clients can connect to it just fine, but here is the problem.

    LAN ip 192.168.0.XXX
    OPEN VPN assigned IP 10.232.172.XXX

    When physically on the 192.168.0.XXX network I sometimes need to Remote into a clients server through an IPSEC connection.. The clients computer will only except connections coming for our RED ip... so I setup masquerading to allow this to happen... and it works just fine. The command I used to accomplish this task is:
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -o ipsec0 -j MASQUERADE

    Now I want to be able to vpn into my LAN using OPEN VPN and accomplish the same thing. OPEN VPN runs on a tun0 interface, but using the command:

    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.232.172.0/24 -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

    Doesn't seem to be working like I had hoped.

    Any input would be much appreciated.

    Thank you

  2. Re: Smoothwall OpenVPN MASQ

    hello there !! i just dicovered this site and i found it very helpful, will be coming back to it in the future. May be there's something that they did but still not reveal to us? So that make your think like this way :")

  3. Re: Smoothwall OpenVPN MASQ

    Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

+ Reply to Thread