Hi Everybody,
I am using ubuntu-8.04 with kernel 2.6.24-23-generic.I have two interfaces eth0 and eth1,of these interfaces, on eth0 i have configured ipv6 addr. 2001:468::3 and on eth1 dhcp is there.But, when i restart the network by "#/etc/init.d/networking restart" command then im able to get dhcp on eth1 but im not getting static ipv6 address on eth0.I am getting folling information for eth0---->
ifconfig: can not resolve `up': Unknown host
Failed to bring up eth0.

My /etc/network/interfaces file contents is below-
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth1 inet dhcp
auto eth1
#pre-up modprobe ipv6
#iface eth0 inet manual
#up ifconfig $IFACE up
#up ifconfig $IFACE promisc
#up ifconfig $IFACE -arp
#down ifconfig $IFACE down
iface eth0 inet6 static
address 2001:468::3
netmask 64
gateway 2001:468::1
auto eth0

Please HELP me why im getting this message and how to resolve this.(note- I am able to get dhcp on eth0 interface).
Thanks Alot...