8.04 vs. 8.10 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on 8.04 vs. 8.10 - Ubuntu ; What are the differences in these two OS's besides the time supported?...

  1. 8.04 vs. 8.10

    What are the differences in these two OS's besides the time supported?

  2. Re: 8.04 vs. 8.10

    Pete wrote:
    > What are the differences in these two OS's besides the time supported?

    Pete, you seem to ask this newsgroup a lot of questions...so now, I have
    one for you. Do you even try to do any of your own research or do you
    just say "**** it" and rely on others to do it for you?

    FWIW, I personally know that the answers to your current enquiry can be
    found in a couple of minutes using Google's search engine.

  3. Re: 8.04 vs. 8.10

    propman wrote:

    > Pete wrote:
    >> What are the differences in these two OS's
    >> besides the time supported?

    > Pete, you seem to ask this newsgroup a lot of
    > questions...so now, I have
    > one for you. Do you even try to do any of your
    > own research or do you just say "**** it" and
    > rely on others to do it for you?
    >
    > FWIW, I personally know that the answers to your
    > current enquiry can be found in a couple of
    > minutes using Google's search engine.

    In the time you took to respond to the OP, you
    could have given a civil answer. Or, if it is
    beneath you, you could have just ignored.

  4. Re: 8.04 vs. 8.10

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 16:44:27 -0500, Pete wrote:

    > What are the differences in these two OS's besides the time supported?

    Check the chart at distrowatch.com.

  5. Re: 8.04 vs. 8.10

    Pete wrote:
    > What are the differences in these two OS's besides the time supported?

    Six months.

    --
    John

  6. Re: 8.04 vs. 8.10

    Pete wrote:
    > What are the differences in these two OS's besides the time supported?

    First hit Googling "changelog Ubuntu 8.10":

    http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes

    --
    Mark Warner
    SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5

  7. Re: 8.04 vs. 8.10

    Paul E. Lehmann wrote:
    > propman wrote:
    >
    >> Pete wrote:
    >>> What are the differences in these two OS's
    >>> besides the time supported?

    >> Pete, you seem to ask this newsgroup a lot of
    >> questions...so now, I have
    >> one for you. Do you even try to do any of your
    >> own research or do you just say "**** it" and
    >> rely on others to do it for you?
    >>
    >> FWIW, I personally know that the answers to your
    >> current enquiry can be found in a couple of
    >> minutes using Google's search engine.

    > In the time you took to respond to the OP, you
    > could have given a civil answer. Or, if it is
    > beneath you, you could have just ignored.

    Take your own advice

  8. Re: 8.04 vs. 8.10

    propman wrote:
    > Pete, you seem to ask this newsgroup a lot of questions...so now, I have
    > one for you. Do you even try to do any of your own research or do you
    > just say "**** it" and rely on others to do it for you?
    >
    > FWIW, I personally know that the answers to your current enquiry can be
    > found in a couple of minutes using Google's search engine.

    Thank you. Total agreeance.

    --Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread