Wolfgang Klein wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found a lot a web pages explaining that the input sections in
> xorg.conf are not used any more and that HAL takes care of these devices
> in Intrepid now. But I have not found any page yet explaining how to
> configure two sets of mouse+keyboard on a multi-seat machine.
>
> I am using two separate VGA cards, each one serves a separate working
> place. Each card is running its own X-server, and each X-server uses its
> own xorg.conf. Each xorg.conf defines which mouse and which keyboard is
> to be used for the appropriate seat. The two X-servers are started via
> kdmrc.
>
> This construction worked very excellent up to Hardy.
>
> Enter Intrepid: multiseat capability is gone. :-(
>
> When I start kdm now, only the mouse and keyboard on the second seat are
> usable. The input devices an the first seat are dead: the mouse doesn't
> move and the keyboard doesn't work either.
>
> Is there any way to persuade X not to let HAL handle the input devices,
> but to keep using use the device sections contained in xorg.conf instead?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi I have a setup with dual seat running gentoo but it still uses
xorg-server-1.3 (for driver reasons).
However on another single seat gentoo system I am running xorg-server-1.5
and have the following in my xorg.conf which should work for you I think.

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
EndSection

In my log I see this
~ $ grep hal /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(II) config/hal: Adding input device IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (8)
(II) config/hal: Adding input device ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (8)
(II) config/hal: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (8)

Al