synaptic and yast - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on synaptic and yast - Ubuntu ; Does suse Yast take care of dependecies when software is installed like synaptic?...

  1. synaptic and yast

    Does suse Yast take care of dependecies when software is installed like
    synaptic?

  2. Re: synaptic and yast

    Pete wrote:
    > Does suse Yast take care of dependecies when software is installed like
    > synaptic?

    In a word 'no'

    Ram

  3. Re: synaptic and yast

    Pete wrote:
    > Does suse Yast take care of dependecies when software is installed like
    > synaptic?

    SUSE forums ====>

    --Benjamin Franklin

  4. Re: synaptic and yast

    On 2008-11-07, Pete wrote:
    > Does suse Yast take care of dependecies when software is installed like
    > synaptic?

    It certainly tries, though is quite a bit less good at it. May I
    recommend asking SUSE specific questions in a SUSE newsgroup or forum,
    though. Likely to be a better audience.

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

+ Reply to Thread