streamtuner - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on streamtuner - Ubuntu ; Upgraded to 8.10 and in the process xmms was deleted. To listen to a stream I tried replacing "xmms %q" with "audacious %q" in the applications tab in preferences but I get "unable to tune in--Failed to execute child process ...

  1. streamtuner

    Upgraded to 8.10 and in the process xmms was deleted. To listen to a
    stream I tried replacing "xmms %q" with "audacious %q" in the
    applications tab in preferences but I get "unable to tune in--Failed to
    execute child process "xmms" (no such file or directory)." I don't know
    why it is trying to launch xmms when I've changed the preferred
    application and deleted reference to xmms. Any ideas?

  2. Re: streamtuner

    Mouse wrote:
    > Upgraded to 8.10 and in the process xmms was deleted. To listen to a
    > stream I tried replacing "xmms %q" with "audacious %q" in the
    > applications tab in preferences but I get "unable to tune in--Failed to
    > execute child process "xmms" (no such file or directory)." I don't know
    > why it is trying to launch xmms when I've changed the preferred
    > application and deleted reference to xmms. Any ideas?

    aw forget it. User error. After I changed the configuration to audacious
    I neglected to click out of the edited box so the change wasn't saved.
    Thanks, anyway.

  3. Re: streamtuner

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:16:21 -0500, Mouse wrote:

    > Mouse wrote:
    >> Upgraded to 8.10 and in the process xmms was deleted. To listen to a
    >> stream I tried replacing "xmms %q" with "audacious %q" in the
    >> applications tab in preferences but I get "unable to tune in--Failed to
    >> execute child process "xmms" (no such file or directory)." I don't know
    >> why it is trying to launch xmms when I've changed the preferred
    >> application and deleted reference to xmms. Any ideas?

    > aw forget it. User error. After I changed the configuration to audacious
    > I neglected to click out of the edited box so the change wasn't saved.
    > Thanks, anyway.

    Thanks I tried that and now streamtuner now works for me too.

+ Reply to Thread