kubuntu - tux paint - screensaver - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on kubuntu - tux paint - screensaver - Ubuntu ; When we use tux paint and the application is left open the screensaver never kicks on this is happening under version 7.10 and 8.04. Any ideas to a solution, my daughter is four so getting her to remember to close ...

  1. kubuntu - tux paint - screensaver

    When we use tux paint and the application is left open the screensaver never
    kicks on this is happening under version 7.10 and 8.04. Any ideas to a
    solution, my daughter is four so getting her to remember to close the
    application is not always an option.

  2. Re: kubuntu - tux paint - screensaver

    Poppy wrote:
    > When we use tux paint and the application is left open the screensaver never
    > kicks on this is happening under version 7.10 and 8.04. Any ideas to a
    > solution, my daughter is four so getting her to remember to close the
    > application is not always an option.

    allowscreensaver=yes

    By default, Tux Paint prevents your system's screensaver from
    starting up. You can override this by using the "allowscreensaver"
    option. Note: This requires version 1.2.12 or higher of the SDL library.
    (You can also do this by setting the "SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER"
    environment variable on your system to "1".)

    http://www.tuxpaint.org/docs/html/OPTIONS.html

    Or, add --allowscreensaver to the command line of the launcher.

  3. Re: kubuntu - tux paint - screensaver

    thanks I will try this solution tonight.

    "Cork Soaker" wrote in message
    > Poppy wrote:
    >> When we use tux paint and the application is left open the screensaver
    >> never kicks on this is happening under version 7.10 and 8.04. Any ideas
    >> to a solution, my daughter is four so getting her to remember to close
    >> the application is not always an option.

    > allowscreensaver=yes
    >
    > By default, Tux Paint prevents your system's screensaver from starting
    > up. You can override this by using the "allowscreensaver" option. Note:
    > This requires version 1.2.12 or higher of the SDL library. (You can also
    > do this by setting the "SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER" environment variable
    > on your system to "1".)
    >
    > http://www.tuxpaint.org/docs/html/OPTIONS.html
    >
    > Or, add --allowscreensaver to the command line of the launcher.

  4. Re: kubuntu - tux paint - screensaver

    thanks I will try this solution tonight.

    "Cork Soaker" wrote in message
    > Poppy wrote:
    >> When we use tux paint and the application is left open the screensaver
    >> never kicks on this is happening under version 7.10 and 8.04. Any ideas
    >> to a solution, my daughter is four so getting her to remember to close
    >> the application is not always an option.

    > allowscreensaver=yes
    >
    > By default, Tux Paint prevents your system's screensaver from starting
    > up. You can override this by using the "allowscreensaver" option. Note:
    > This requires version 1.2.12 or higher of the SDL library. (You can also
    > do this by setting the "SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER" environment variable
    > on your system to "1".)
    >
    > http://www.tuxpaint.org/docs/html/OPTIONS.html
    >
    > Or, add --allowscreensaver to the command line of the launcher.

+ Reply to Thread