Trying to install Mailman on 8.04 server - Ubuntu

  2. Re: Trying to install Mailman on 8.04 server

    David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:

    > Okay, so I just started up an old server I had laying around running
    > 8.04.1 Server Edition, and when I go "sudo apt-get install mailman", it
    > goes through the motions of installing it, and then asks for a Ubuntu
    > Server CD. Frustrated, I downloaded it, burnt it, and put it in. It
    > recognized the CD, but apt-get would not accept the it and kept asking
    > for the CD. Is there a way to NOT have to use a CD to install a package
    > like that?

    Edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file (as root) - add a # to the entry for
    the CD.

    Something like this:
    deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 8.10 _Intrepid Ibex_ - Release i386 (20081029.5)]/
    intrepid main restricted

    Becomes:
    #deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 8.10 _Intrepid Ibex_ - Release i386 (20081029.5)]/
    intrepid main restricted

    Solved.

    If you wanted to use the disc, you would probably need to use apt-cdrom.
    See "man apt-cdrom" for details.

  3. Re: Trying to install Mailman on 8.04 server

+ Reply to Thread