Sound Card Driver: GeFOrce6100PM-M2? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Sound Card Driver: GeFOrce6100PM-M2? - Ubuntu ; Heron. Got MythTv running. Myth's increase/decrease volume works in the sense that a UI thingie pops and moves as the volume is changed, but the sound does not change - it's always at a very low level. Could Myth be ...

  1. Sound Card Driver: GeFOrce6100PM-M2?

    Heron.

    Got MythTv running.

    Myth's increase/decrease volume works in the sense that a UI
    thingie pops and moves as the volume is changed, but the sound
    does not change - it's always at a very low level.

    Could Myth be not communicating with the sound card - yet not
    throwing any errors?

    Do I need to add a .fw file? Something else?

    FWIW, I've also got an external USB2 card (Creative's
    SoundBlaster S80490) that became available when a chip melted on
    my other box and I replaced it's MB with something that had
    on-board sound.

    So.... do something to make GeForce's on-board chip work for
    Myth.... or switch over to the Creative device?

    Suggestions?
    --
    PeteCresswell

  2. Re: Sound Card Driver: GeFOrce6100PM-M2?

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:27:46 -0500, (PeteCresswell) propped his eyelids
    open with toothpicks and wrote:

    > Heron.
    >
    > Got MythTv running.
    >
    > Myth's increase/decrease volume works in the sense that a UI thingie
    > pops and moves as the volume is changed, but the sound does not change -
    > it's always at a very low level.
    >
    > Could Myth be not communicating with the sound card - yet not throwing
    > any errors?
    >
    >snip<

    Try alt.video.ptv.mythtv

    --
    Rob
    Give me one good compiler and I can redesign the world.