"Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .," - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .," - Ubuntu ; Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of Intrepid. Screenshot: http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10? Thanks -- ________ David M Lemcoe ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

  1. "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    Intrepid. Screenshot:

    http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg

    It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10?

    Thanks
    --
    ________
    David M Lemcoe Jr.
    ender@ender.ath.cx
    Roswell, Georgia
    Running Ubuntu 8.0.4.1 "Hardy Heron"

  2. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    > Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    > Intrepid. Screenshot:
    >
    > http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg


    Oh my god, another highly critical bug added to "Alias says
    BAAAAAAAAAA"'s list!

    HH,

    Josef
    --
    These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Siemens Computers!
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    If failure had no penalty success would not be a prize (T. Pratchett)
    Company Details: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/imprint.html

  3. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:26:37 -0400, David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:

    > Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    > Intrepid. Screenshot:
    >
    > http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg
    >
    > It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10?
    >
    > Thanks


    Strange?
    Just downloaded mine and it mentions "Ubuntu 8.10-the Intrepid Ibex"
    quite clearly.
    But as you say..it isn't a big deal.

  4. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    > Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    > Intrepid. Screenshot:
    >
    > http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg
    >
    > It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10?
    >
    > Thanks


    I upgraded using the RC release on Monday night and it quite clearly says


    Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu 8.10
    - the Intrepid Ibex - released in October 2008.


    Ram


  5. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    Ram wrote:
    > David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    >> Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    >> Intrepid. Screenshot:
    >>
    >> http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg
    >>
    >> It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >
    > I upgraded using the RC release on Monday night and it quite clearly says
    >
    >
    > Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu 8.10
    > - the Intrepid Ibex - released in October 2008.
    >
    >
    > Ram
    >

    Must be me then. QUite odd.

    --
    ________
    David M Lemcoe Jr.
    ender@ender.ath.cx
    Roswell, Georgia
    Running Ubuntu 8.0.4.1 "Hardy Heron"

  6. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:05:40 -0400, "David Marshall Lemcoe Jr."
    wrote:

    >Ram wrote:
    >> David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    >>> Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    >>> Intrepid. Screenshot:
    >>>
    >>> http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg
    >>>
    >>> It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >>
    >> I upgraded using the RC release on Monday night and it quite clearly says
    >>
    >>
    >> Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu 8.10
    >> - the Intrepid Ibex - released in October 2008.
    >>
    >>
    >> Ram
    >>

    >Must be me then. QUite odd.


    'Sokay. Just change your name to Blind Melon Chitlin. ;-)

    ---
    "When the president does it that means that it is not illegal."
    -- Richard Nixon

  7. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    Roy Strachan wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:05:40 -0400, "David Marshall Lemcoe Jr."
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Ram wrote:
    >>> David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    >>>> Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    >>>> Intrepid. Screenshot:
    >>>>
    >>>> http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg
    >>>>
    >>>> It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10?
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks
    >>> I upgraded using the RC release on Monday night and it quite clearly says
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu 8.10
    >>> - the Intrepid Ibex - released in October 2008.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Ram
    >>>

    >> Must be me then. QUite odd.

    >
    > 'Sokay. Just change your name to Blind Melon Chitlin. ;-)
    >
    > ---
    > "When the president does it that means that it is not illegal."
    > -- Richard Nixon

    This is really getting on my nerves though. I can't show it off.

    --
    ________
    David M Lemcoe Jr.
    ender@ender.ath.cx
    Roswell, Georgia
    Running Ubuntu 8.0.10 "Intrepid Ibex"

  8. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    > Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    > Intrepid. Screenshot:
    >
    > http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg
    >
    > It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10?
    >
    > Thanks

    Thank you for all the people which just told me that their copy of 8.10
    said it. It helped a lot. <_<

    /sarcasm

    - --
    ________
    David M Lemcoe Jr.
    ender@ender.ath.cx
    Roswell, Georgia
    Running Ubuntu 8.0.10 "Intrepid Ibex"
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

    iEYEARECAAYFAkkMwqgACgkQo7q5Tz2TZsFRqgCZAYBu6W6hHy uWB+x0i22Od5NE
    AQcAoIkptGyEr7osS3BmK6vSUNtaV1ZP
    =ymMg
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  9. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    Roy Strachan wrote:

    > 'Sokay. Just change your name to Blind Melon Chitlin. ;-)


    Hey, Blind baby.....what's this....errr....ding-dong?? ;-)

  10. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > Hash: SHA1
    >
    > David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    >> Okay, so in System > About Ubuntu, that's what it says. No mention of
    >> Intrepid. Screenshot:
    >>
    >> http://i36.tinypic.com/15cc900.jpg
    >>
    >> It really isn't a big deal, but why does it not say it is in fact 8.10?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Thank you for all the people which just told me that their copy of 8.10
    > said it. It helped a lot. <_<
    >
    > /sarcasm


    Hey at least you got something...when I click on System -> About Ubuntu
    all I get is the small spinning "wait/loading" circle....which then
    disappears without so much as a "Gd'bye, will catch ya later"!

    Looks like from you screen shot that particular reference is part of the
    "Help and Support" module.....which, FWIW, on my Ubuntu system here
    exhibits the same particular form of behaviour described
    previously....obviously some kind of installation buglet happening there.

    About GNOME is pretty spiffy though.......

    .......and although I know you haven't the slightest bit of interest in
    the following, FWIW, YMMV etc etc etc......Kubuntu does indeed show the
    version number and release name in it's "Help".

    Kind of interesting though....your's doesn't, other does and I'm sitting
    here with strains of Chicago's "Spinnin' Wheels" going through the old
    grey cells. :-)




  11. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:57:16 -0400, David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:

    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > Hash: SHA1
    >
    > David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:


    > Thank you for all the people which just told me that their copy of 8.10
    > said it. It helped a lot. <_<
    >
    > /sarcasm
    >


    Dear Jr,
    It's always nice to receive a sarcastic post from someone who you try to
    help. When things don't seem to work right it's helpful to know whether
    everyone else is suffering the same or if it's just your install. Clearly
    you didn't realise that or are just happy to gratuitously insult folk.

    I hope you get lots of replies to your other post where you are asking
    for help... Not. (= sarcasm)



  12. Re: "Thank you for your interest in Ubuntu - the - released in .,"

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    davesurrey wrote:
    > On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:57:16 -0400, David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    >
    >> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    >> Hash: SHA1
    >>
    >> David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:

    >
    >> Thank you for all the people which just told me that their copy of 8.10
    >> said it. It helped a lot. <_<
    >>
    >> /sarcasm
    >>

    >
    > Dear Jr,
    > It's always nice to receive a sarcastic post from someone who you try to
    > help. When things don't seem to work right it's helpful to know whether
    > everyone else is suffering the same or if it's just your install. Clearly
    > you didn't realise that or are just happy to gratuitously insult folk.
    >
    > I hope you get lots of replies to your other post where you are asking
    > for help... Not. (= sarcasm)
    >
    >

    Not sure if you were flaming or not.

    - --
    ________
    David M Lemcoe Jr.
    ender@ender.ath.cx
    Roswell, Georgia
    Running Ubuntu 8.0.10 "Intrepid Ibex"
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

    iEYEARECAAYFAkkNu+IACgkQo7q5Tz2TZsEF1QCeOhsvTclWAh UagyJ94x4BAINi
    oFYAn1gmY+2ySzgtANAI5rld1AaiPhWD
    =rrsB
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

+ Reply to Thread