Halloween fun! Does anyone else think the new Ibex 8.10 wallpaper looks like a skull??? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Halloween fun! Does anyone else think the new Ibex 8.10 wallpaper looks like a skull??? - Ubuntu ; The Kingdom of the Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex skull! I just downloaded ubuntu 8.10 and was installing it on VMware server free. I starred at the strange wallpaper trying to understand what it was, and then to my astonishment it started ...

  1. Halloween fun! Does anyone else think the new Ibex 8.10 wallpaper looks like a skull???

    The Kingdom of the Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex skull!

    I just downloaded ubuntu 8.10 and was installing it on VMware server free. I
    starred at the strange wallpaper trying to understand
    what it was, and then to my astonishment it started to stare BACK! lol. No
    this is not the Indiana Jones adventure aka kingdom of the crystal skulls.
    This is another adventure. a mystery!
    Yes I could see a ghastly image, my brain was playing trick or treat on me.
    Ubuntu 8.10 was released on Halloween you know!, or someone wanted to do
    voodoo to get MS to lose some share of the OS market! LOL!

    Take a look below at the wallpaper: DO YOU SEE ANYTHING STRANGE? Keep
    looking.

    http://computerboom.blogspot.com/200...bex-skull.html

  2. Re: Halloween fun! Does anyone else think the new Ibex 8.10 wallpaperlooks like a skull???

    Yes, it looks like a skull.

  3. Re: Halloween fun! Does anyone else think the new Ibex 8.10 wallpaper looks like a skull???

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:13:23 +0200, "Zane"
    wrote:

    >The Kingdom of the Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex skull!
    >
    >I just downloaded ubuntu 8.10 and was installing it on VMware server free. I
    >starred at the strange wallpaper trying to understand
    >what it was, and then to my astonishment it started to stare BACK! lol. No
    >this is not the Indiana Jones adventure aka kingdom of the crystal skulls.
    >This is another adventure. a mystery!
    >Yes I could see a ghastly image, my brain was playing trick or treat on me.
    >Ubuntu 8.10 was released on Halloween you know!, or someone wanted to do
    >voodoo to get MS to lose some share of the OS market! LOL!
    >
    >Take a look below at the wallpaper: DO YOU SEE ANYTHING STRANGE? Keep
    >looking.
    >
    >http://computerboom.blogspot.com/200...bex-skull.html
    >

    >** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    We thought it looked like someone had been sick on a bar floor. Most
    horrible desktop we have ever seen.

  4. Re: Halloween fun! Does anyone else think the new Ibex 8.10 wallpaper looks like a skull???

    wrote:

    >The Kingdom of the Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex skull!
    >
    >I just downloaded ubuntu 8.10 and was installing it on VMware server free. I
    >starred at the strange wallpaper trying to understand
    >what it was, and then to my astonishment it started to stare BACK! lol. No
    >this is not the Indiana Jones adventure aka kingdom of the crystal skulls.
    >This is another adventure. a mystery!
    >Yes I could see a ghastly image, my brain was playing trick or treat on me.
    >Ubuntu 8.10 was released on Halloween you know!, or someone wanted to do
    >voodoo to get MS to lose some share of the OS market! LOL!
    >
    >Take a look below at the wallpaper: DO YOU SEE ANYTHING STRANGE? Keep
    >looking.
    >
    >http://computerboom.blogspot.com/200...bex-skull.html
    >

    >** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    My first impression was a wet glass set on some brown paper; didn't
    even see it was the Ibex. Sort of like looking at those 3D pictures
    that you have to screw up your eyes for. Once I saw it, I thought it
    was semi-cool.

    ---
    "When the president does it that means that it is not illegal."
    -- Richard Nixon

+ Reply to Thread