Kubuntu 8.10 in VirtualBox - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Kubuntu 8.10 in VirtualBox - Ubuntu ; I have a perfectly working version of Kubuntu 8.04 running in VirtualBox. On trying 8.10 I could not get a better screen resolution than 640 x 480. My graphics card is an NVidia 8800 which is fine in Vista and ...

  1. Kubuntu 8.10 in VirtualBox

    I have a perfectly working version of Kubuntu 8.04 running in
    VirtualBox. On trying 8.10 I could not get a better screen resolution
    than 640 x 480. My graphics card is an NVidia 8800 which is fine in
    Vista and can be persuaded to work properly on a dual-boot
    installation of Kubuntu 8.04.
    Has anyone else tried 8.10 in VirtualBox yet?

  2. Re: Kubuntu 8.10 in VirtualBox

    Jupiter wrote:
    > I have a perfectly working version of Kubuntu 8.04 running in
    > VirtualBox. On trying 8.10 I could not get a better screen resolution
    > than 640 x 480. My graphics card is an NVidia 8800 which is fine in
    > Vista and can be persuaded to work properly on a dual-boot
    > installation of Kubuntu 8.04.
    > Has anyone else tried 8.10 in VirtualBox yet?

    I tried 8.10 RC 1 in Vbox. I believe you need to specify more VRAM in
    the Settings.

    --
    ________
    David M Lemcoe Jr.

  3. Re: Kubuntu 8.10 in VirtualBox

    David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    > Jupiter wrote:
    >> I have a perfectly working version of Kubuntu 8.04 running in
    >> VirtualBox. On trying 8.10 I could not get a better screen resolution
    >> than 640 x 480. My graphics card is an NVidia 8800 which is fine in
    >> Vista and can be persuaded to work properly on a dual-boot
    >> installation of Kubuntu 8.04. Has anyone else tried 8.10 in VirtualBox
    >> yet?

    > I tried 8.10 RC 1 in Vbox. I believe you need to specify more VRAM in
    > the Settings.

    Tried both on an old machine with an S3 card. The machine is going to
    be used to demo 8.10 for a local UG. Anyhow, I had to specify more VRAM
    in 8.04. For 8.10 I had to set up the monitor manually. Both worked.
    8.10 is slightly better (albeit slower) than 8.04.

    Later
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread