MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex - Ubuntu ; 8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso Alias...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

  1. MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso

    Alias

  2. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Alias ha scritto:
    > 8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso

    That's not intrepid ibex...

    24ea1163ea6c9f5dae77de8c49ee7c03 ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso

  3. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    in 73195 20081030 164106 BubuXP wrote:
    >Alias ha scritto:
    >> 8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso

    >That's not intrepid ibex...
    >

    >24ea1163ea6c9f5dae77de8c49ee7c03 ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso

    Yep, that's what I got.

  4. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Alias wrote:
    Subject: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    > 8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso

    That is an incompetent message.

    The way to create a new message [especially for those who don't know how]
    is to *NOT* start with the subject, but to start the message in the
    message body. The message body should be made of only complete sentences
    and should be composed in such a way as to not make any assumptions that
    the readers are reading your mind or can see your computer or know what
    you are talking about. Your message body contains zero complete sentences
    and is completely ambiguous or mysterious or meaningless.

    After you have completed a competent and clear and unambiguous message
    body with complete sentences only, you should give it a subject which
    should be only a few words and not a complete sentence but which 'titles'
    the essence of the body's content. Your subject doesn't do that either.

    You put an md5 for ub 804 in the message body and mentioned md5 for 810 in
    the subject and the purpose of your message is completely ambiguous and
    murky.

    24ea1163ea6c9f5dae77de8c49ee7c03 *ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso

    --
    Mike Easter

  5. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    BubuXP wrote:
    > Alias ha scritto:
    >> 8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso

    > That's not intrepid ibex...
    >

    > 24ea1163ea6c9f5dae77de8c49ee7c03 ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso

    You're right, my mistake. Here's all of them:

    ea6d44667ea3fd435954d6e1f0e89122 *ubuntu-8.10-alternate-amd64.iso
    f9e0494e91abb2de4929ef6e957f7753 *ubuntu-8.10-alternate-i386.iso
    f9cdb7e9ad85263dde17f8fc81a6305b *ubuntu-8.10-desktop-amd64.iso
    24ea1163ea6c9f5dae77de8c49ee7c03 *ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso
    8d35fea8c16597a6f4dd07f8e18e2166 *ubuntu-8.10-mid-lpia.img
    e3028a105a083339be8e5af5afbe7444 *ubuntu-8.10-server-amd64.iso
    a2ec9975a91e1228c8292ed9799dc302 *ubuntu-8.10-server-i386.iso
    2796c696ab368415a30fddc8278e08b0 *wubi.exe

    Alias

  6. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    > Subject: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex
    >
    >> 8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso

    > That is an incompetent message.
    >
    > The way to create a new message [especially for those who don't know how]
    > is to *NOT* start with the subject, but to start the message in the
    > message body. The message body should be made of only complete sentences
    > and should be composed in such a way as to not make any assumptions that
    > the readers are reading your mind or can see your computer or know what
    > you are talking about. Your message body contains zero complete sentences
    > and is completely ambiguous or mysterious or meaningless.
    >
    > After you have completed a competent and clear and unambiguous message
    > body with complete sentences only, you should give it a subject which
    > should be only a few words and not a complete sentence but which 'titles'
    > the essence of the body's content. Your subject doesn't do that either.
    >
    > You put an md5 for ub 804 in the message body and mentioned md5 for 810 in
    > the subject and the purpose of your message is completely ambiguous and
    > murky.
    >
    > 24ea1163ea6c9f5dae77de8c49ee7c03 *ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso

    Yeah, I made a mistake. Here are all of them:

    ea6d44667ea3fd435954d6e1f0e89122 *ubuntu-8.10-alternate-amd64.iso
    f9e0494e91abb2de4929ef6e957f7753 *ubuntu-8.10-alternate-i386.iso
    f9cdb7e9ad85263dde17f8fc81a6305b *ubuntu-8.10-desktop-amd64.iso
    24ea1163ea6c9f5dae77de8c49ee7c03 *ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso
    8d35fea8c16597a6f4dd07f8e18e2166 *ubuntu-8.10-mid-lpia.img
    e3028a105a083339be8e5af5afbe7444 *ubuntu-8.10-server-amd64.iso
    a2ec9975a91e1228c8292ed9799dc302 *ubuntu-8.10-server-i386.iso
    2796c696ab368415a30fddc8278e08b0 *wubi.exe

    Oh, and go **** yourself asshole.

    Alias

  7. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Alias wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:
    >> Subject: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    >> The way to create a new message

    > Yeah, I made a mistake. Here are all of them:

    The purpose of md5 is to assure the integrity of the download. We should
    not be getting our md5 information from a message someone posted in a
    newsgroup -- so your post isn't helpful in that regard.

    We should be getting the md5 information from the ub md5 site, such as
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/MD5SUMS

    So, one form of message would be to state in a single complete sentence:

    Here are the md5s for the new Ubuntu 8.10 releases
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/MD5SUMS

    One could also advise how and why to use the md5, such as is described at
    help.ubuntu.com

    --
    Mike Easter

  8. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>> Alias wrote:
    >>> Subject: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    >>> The way to create a new message

    >> Yeah, I made a mistake. Here are all of them:

    > The purpose of md5 is to assure the integrity of the download. We should
    > not be getting our md5 information from a message someone posted in a
    > newsgroup -- so your post isn't helpful in that regard.
    >
    > We should be getting the md5 information from the ub md5 site, such as
    > http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/MD5SUMS
    >
    > So, one form of message would be to state in a single complete sentence:
    >
    > Here are the md5s for the new Ubuntu 8.10 releases
    > http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/MD5SUMS
    >
    > One could also advise how and why to use the md5, such as is described at
    > help.ubuntu.com

    When I want your advice on how to post, I'll let you know. Don't hold
    your breath, asshole.

    Alias

  9. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:43:43 +0100, Alias wrote:

    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:

    >>> Yeah, I made a mistake. Here are all of them:

    >> The purpose of md5 is to assure the integrity of the download. We
    >> should not be getting our md5 information from a message someone posted
    >> in a newsgroup -- so your post isn't helpful in that regard.
    >>
    >> We should be getting the md5 information from the ub md5 site, such as
    >> http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/MD5SUMS
    >>
    >> So, one form of message would be to state in a single complete
    >> sentence:
    >>
    >> Here are the md5s for the new Ubuntu 8.10 releases
    >> http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/MD5SUMS
    >>
    >> One could also advise how and why to use the md5, such as is described
    >> at help.ubuntu.com
    >>

    > When I want your advice on how to post, I'll let you know. Don't hold
    > your breath, asshole.

    Your Valium prescription run out or something like that? Seriously, look
    at the garbage you are spewing out here.

    Mike is very much right. I know I personally wouldn't want to trust
    someone's MD5 sum posting on some random newsgroup, especially when the
    next follow up response from the same person contains words such as
    "asshole, go **** yourself", etc.

    Makes you look like an idiot.

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  10. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    On 2008-10-30, Mike Easter wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    > Subject: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex
    >
    >> 8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso

    > That is an incompetent message.
    >
    > The way to create a new message [especially for those who don't know how]
    > is to *NOT* start with the subject, but to start the message in the
    > message body.

    slrn's default behaviour does not agree with you.

    --
    -Toby

  11. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Stephan Rose wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:43:43 +0100, Alias wrote:
    >
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>> The purpose of md5 is to assure the integrity of the download. We
    >>> should not be getting our md5 information from a message someone posted
    >>> in a newsgroup -- so your post isn't helpful in that regard.
    >>>
    >>> We should be getting the md5 information from the ub md5 site, such as
    >>> http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/MD5SUMS
    >>>
    >>> So, one form of message would be to state in a single complete
    >>> sentence:
    >>>
    >>> Here are the md5s for the new Ubuntu 8.10 releases
    >>> http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/MD5SUMS
    >>>
    >>> One could also advise how and why to use the md5, such as is described
    >>> at help.ubuntu.com
    >>>

    >> When I want your advice on how to post, I'll let you know. Don't hold
    >> your breath, asshole.
    >>

    > Your Valium prescription run out or something like that? Seriously, look
    > at the garbage you are spewing out here.
    >
    > Mike is very much right. I know I personally wouldn't want to trust
    > someone's MD5 sum posting on some random newsgroup, especially when the
    > next follow up response from the same person contains words such as
    > "asshole, go **** yourself", etc.
    >
    > Makes you look like an idiot.

    Telling me how to post makes him what?

    Alias

  12. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Toby Newman wrote:
    > Mike Easter

    >> The way to create a new message [especially for those who don't know
    >> how] is to *NOT* start with the subject, but to start the message in
    >> the message body.

    > slrn's default behaviour does not agree with you.

    vide 'especially for those who don't know how'

    For those who /do/ know how, which is likely to include a lot of slrn
    users, they can start typing wherever they want to.

    .... and in whatever editor they want to.
    http://www.andrews-corner.org/slrn.html Setting up the newsreader slrn
    under Linux

    My 'don't start typing in the subject' instructions are specifically
    directed to those who seem to become confused about how to start a new
    topic/thread.

    Some of them try to type their message or question into the subject and
    then they don't even know what to do next, so they just send. Others
    fragment their message into a context-less body of incomplete sentence as
    well as an suboptimal subject.

    --
    Mike Easter

  13. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    * Alias wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > Stephan Rose wrote:

    >>> When I want your advice on how to post, I'll let you know. Don't
    >>> hold your breath, asshole.
    >>>

    >> Your Valium prescription run out or something like that? Seriously,
    >> look at the garbage you are spewing out here.
    >>
    >> Mike is very much right. I know I personally wouldn't want to trust
    >> someone's MD5 sum posting on some random newsgroup, especially when
    >> the next follow up response from the same person contains words such
    >> as "asshole, go **** yourself", etc.
    >>
    >> Makes you look like an idiot.
    >>

    > Telling me how to post makes him what?

    Do you Understand the purpose of the MD5 hash? Apparently not or you
    would be forced to agree with at least the sentiment of the above.

    Where is dennis when you need him?

    --
    David

  14. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:02:41 +0100, Alias wrote:

    > Stephan Rose wrote:

    >>> When I want your advice on how to post, I'll let you know. Don't hold
    >>> your breath, asshole.
    >>>

    >> Your Valium prescription run out or something like that? Seriously,
    >> look at the garbage you are spewing out here.
    >>
    >> Mike is very much right. I know I personally wouldn't want to trust
    >> someone's MD5 sum posting on some random newsgroup, especially when the
    >> next follow up response from the same person contains words such as
    >> "asshole, go **** yourself", etc.
    >>
    >> Makes you look like an idiot.
    >>

    > Telling me how to post makes him what?

    So if you disagree with his post there are certainly better ways to
    handle it and respond. At least if you want to even remotely be taken
    seriously by anyone.

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  15. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Alias wrote:

    > When I want your advice on how to post, I'll let you know. Don't hold
    > your breath,

    Except for the fact that he's right, which would make you the...

    > asshole.

    --- Mike

    --
    My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.
    http://www.trausch.us/

  16. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    SINNER wrote:
    >> Telling me how to post makes him what?
    >>

    > Do you Understand the purpose of the MD5 hash? Apparently not or you
    > would be forced to agree with at least the sentiment of the above.
    >
    > Where is dennis when you need him?

    Don't worry, it will be the last time I try to help and post the MDS5SUM.

    Alias

  17. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Michael B. Trausch wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:43:43 +0100
    > Alias wrote:
    >
    >> When I want your advice on how to post, I'll let you know. Don't hold
    >> your breath,

    > Except for the fact that he's right, which would make you the...
    >
    >> asshole.

    > --- Mike

    I try to help by posting the MD5SUM and all I get is this? Don't worry,
    I won't post here again.

    Alias

  18. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:02:07 +0100
    Alias wrote:

    > I try to help by posting the MD5SUM and all I get is this? Don't
    > worry, I won't post here again.

    All that is being said to you is that you should link to resources like
    this, not put them in the newsgroup where no (security-conscious)
    individual is going to accept the information.

    If that's such a big issue for you, then please, don't post here
    again. Or anywhere else on Usenet, for that matter. It's really just
    simple logic.

    --- Mike

    --
    My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.
    http://www.trausch.us/

  19. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    "SINNER" wrote in message
    news:Xns9B4789A0D5BA0arcademastergmailcom@69.16.18 6.8...
    > * Alias wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> Stephan Rose wrote:

    >>> Your Valium prescription run out or something like that? Seriously,
    >>> look at the garbage you are spewing out here.
    >>>
    >>> Mike is very much right. I know I personally wouldn't want to trust
    >>> someone's MD5 sum posting on some random newsgroup, especially when
    >>> the next follow up response from the same person contains words such
    >>> as "asshole, go **** yourself", etc.
    >>>
    >>> Makes you look like an idiot.
    >>>

    >> Telling me how to post makes him what?
    >>

    > Do you Understand the purpose of the MD5 hash? Apparently not or you
    > would be forced to agree with at least the sentiment of the above.
    >
    > Where is dennis when you need him?

    I'm here but alias is nothing but a troll and should be ignored.
    He must not be getting much response trolling the vista groups so he has
    decided to make a fool of himself here.

  20. Re: MD5SUM for Intrepid Ibex

    Alias wrote:
    > 8895167a794c5d8dedcc312fc62f1f1f ubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso
    >
    > Alias

    Why is anyone still using MD5? I thought I heard it was broken...

    // Aaron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast