Re: Skype problem in Ubuntu 5.10 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Skype problem in Ubuntu 5.10 - Ubuntu ; Marco wrote: > Skype seems to have a problem recognizing my microphone, which is part > of a headset. > The thing works excellent under Windows XP, so it's not that the > microphone is damaged. > When i use ...

  1. Re: Skype problem in Ubuntu 5.10

    Marco wrote:
    > Skype seems to have a problem recognizing my microphone, which is part
    > of a headset.
    > The thing works excellent under Windows XP, so it's not that the
    > microphone is damaged.
    > When i use the help-function under Skype i end up configuring
    > Gnomemeeting, which i don't use.
    > I'm not sure if the problem lies with Skype or with Ubuntu.
    > Does anyone know how to adjust Skype or Ubuntu so that my microphone works?
    > TIA,
    >
    > Marco

    Are you sure it is not your sound card drivers giving issues and not
    Ubuntu or the microphone?

  2. Re: Skype problem in Ubuntu 5.10

    David Marshall Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
    > Marco wrote:
    >> Skype seems to have a problem recognizing my microphone, which is part
    >> of a headset.
    >> The thing works excellent under Windows XP, so it's not that the
    >> microphone is damaged.
    >> When i use the help-function under Skype i end up configuring
    >> Gnomemeeting, which i don't use.
    >> I'm not sure if the problem lies with Skype or with Ubuntu.
    >> Does anyone know how to adjust Skype or Ubuntu so that my microphone
    >> works?
    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> Marco

    > Are you sure it is not your sound card drivers giving issues and not
    > Ubuntu or the microphone?

    Most likely it is.
    I've had trouble setting up the microphone, too, and I've found that
    there are two settings for the mic: one for routing the mic through to
    your own headphones and one for "recording".
    Marco should play around with the mixer settings.

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)